A few days to the general elections, the Presidential candidate of Action Alliance, Senator Tunde Anifowose-Kelani, on Thursday cried out that he might be disenfranchised in an election in which he is a contestant because he has not been issued the Permanent Voter Card by the Independent National Electoral Commission.
He raised the alarm at a press briefing in Abuja where he, however, expressed optimism that AA would to win the presidential election.
Anifowose-Kelani said, “We are ready and our manifestoes have shown that we can transform Nigeria for good. We will win the presidential election. I have a challenge even as a presidential candidate; I don’t have my PVC; I must not be disenfranchised. I have made frantic efforts to ensure I get my PVC, but all to no avail. I even wrote to INEC in respect of it, I have not received any answer from them.
“I hereby appeal passionately for the release of my PVC so that I can perform my civic rights and participate in 2015 elections fully as the National Chairman of Action Alliance, and majorly as a presidential candidate in the 2015 general elections.
I have made frantic efforts by going to my ward, Ward 8, Ibadan Boys High School, Oke-Bola Ibadan, to collect the PVC but INEC officials could not give it to me.
“I came to Abuja on January 20, 2015 and made this complaint but INEC could not do anything. On January 27, 2015, at INEC meeting with political leaders, I lodged the same complaint and nothing was done too.”
He further stated that, INEC is not ready for the elections as far as he is concerned, because so many people have not collected their PVCs “and they have not allocated another polling units to those whose polling units were cancelled. It means the elections cannot be held so as not to disenfranchised those that want to vote.”
The AA presidential candidate added that those that were clamouring for the postponement of the general elections were wrong adding that, “constitutionally, you can only shift an election by some weeks and the handover date remains May 29.

Post a Comment

 
Top